Tuesday 6 January 2015

FIRST EVER BLOG

So this is my first ever blog and I'm super excited about it, eek. I've been wanting to do a blog for so long and I finally am *high fives self* I've decided to make my first blog about my makeup today, here we go... (That's sounds more silly than intended).

Today's look was simple to achieve and in my opinion very effective.




Firstly I applied my primer I normally use Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro 002 which is £11.99 of Amazon this a matte primer however, today I used Nivea Creme which is something silly like £3.99 from any local supermarket e.g Tesco, Asda, Morrisons. I know this a primer but it's super creamy and puts a perfect layer over my face before applying my foundation, I normally use Nivea if my skin is feeling kind of dry or could use a bit of a pick up its just heavenly and I feel it gives my foundation a much better finish. I just applied this with my fingers - quick and easy!

Next I put on my foundation Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation, oh which reminds me another reason I like to use Nivea is with this foundation being matte it gives it a slightly less matte finish which I prefer. Anyway, I applied my foundation with a angled Joursna blending foundation brush, I normally use a Mac Flat foundation brush or even a flat foundation brush I bought from superdrug for £4.95 which is super cheap but since I started using the Joursna brush I fell in love, it's so easy to use and so much quicker to blend than the flat brushes.

So after my foundation I did my brows! For my eyebrows I used Elf Brow Bar in medium which was only £3.95 amazing I know. In this you get two sections one side filled with wax to colour the brow in and the other filled with a lighter powder for finish it off, you also get a double ended brush one side is an angled brow brush and the other is like a mini blusher or eyeshadow blending brush. I filled in my brows with the wax only going over my natural brow shape then I put a little bit of the powder over just to set the brow. Just to finish them I got my double ended foundation brush from primark for £2.50 not even ashamed. I put a little bit of foundation on and went round the brows to give them a fresh sharp look.

Now for the eyes *gulps* so for my eyes I started with Surf, Baby! Shadow by Mac in 02 which was a present so I don't have a price and its limited addition apparently! I applied the golden shade to my crease with a Mac medium blending brush, and I just layered this up until I was happy with the intensity of the shadow, next I got a slightly smaller brush and applied the shimmery white to my inner corner blending the two together. These colours are beautiful, they're all shimmery and very pigmented, ah I love.
Eyeliner! So I have a gel eyeliner in black from Elf for £3.95, who doesn't love a bargain? With this you get a small angled eyeliner brush however, I used a Mac angled eyeliner brush (doesn't really matter what brush you use) with this I started from my waterline up over till I reached my perfect point, I then went from about the Middle of my uper lash line to join up to the point and filled in! I also put a little bit on my lower lash line just to blend it in. After I finished that I got my Lorèal Color Riche LeKhôl in White, another present ah. I applied this to my inner corners and a slight bit on my waterlines just to open up my eye, I think this makes you're eyes look so much bigger than what they are.
For my lashes I used Benefit They're Real mascara from Boots for £15.99 I also like Lorèal Volume Million Lashes in - So Couture So Black! These mascaras are just wonderful, they don't feel heavy on my lashes (sounds crazy) but they give them a full/extended look! It's fabulous. I applied these two to my upper and lower lashes layering them up until achieved the look I'm going for.

Blush, Oo la la! Instead of contouring I just use blusher even-though I LOVE the look of contouring I haven't yet tried it, don't worry it's on my todo list! Most girls swear by it so I mean it must be amazing right? Well, my blush is from... Wait for it... Shock Elf and it was only £3.95 it's a baked blush shade Los Santos, I hated this blush at first but after a few times of trying it - BOOM - I fell in love, I applied this to just below my cheekbones and recently a slight bit along my hair line and jaw line (kind of like contouring but not quite) again with this I just kept applying until I got the right intensity.

Last but certainly not least the lips, ahh. I have quite plump lips but I still like to slightly over line them so I started with my matte primer and just popped it on like lip balm, I then got my Stargazer Permanent Lip Liner Pen in red shade 05 and went round my lip line slightly over lining the Cupids Bow and the middle of my lower lip, I went on to colour the corners of both my upper and lower to make the centre of my lips stand out, works wonders I swear. Next I picked up my l Color Riche Julianne's Pure Red matte lipstick and a Mac lip brush going over what I've already done, I then applied lipstick as normal. Finishing the lips I added a little of my white liner to just above my Cupids Bow and a little blush to just below my bottom lip and voila! Lips complete. 

Finally I just sprayed over my whole face with Model In A Bottle makeup setting spray to finish my look - no more touch ups! 

Kirsty 

No comments:

Post a Comment